Maya Universe Itinerary
Volunteering at Maya. A general day at the school looks like:
- At 6 am, two volunteers have to help at the kitchen to cut the vegetables for the breakfast. There are 83 hostel kids and need some hands to feed everyone on time!
- From 7 am to 8 am, volunteers are requested to help the students with their homework until breakfast which starts at 8:30am.
- At 10 am, the whole school gathers to make a “morning circle”: after one minute of meditation three students (different ones every day) perform songs, poems or dances.
- The classes, the agriculture and construction work start at 10:30 until 4pm. There is one hour for lunch at 1pm. There are six class periods of 45 minutes each.
- After 4 pm, volunteers are requested to help out with the kitchen and homework duties. There is also some free time to shower, visit the village, trek up the hill or take some rest.
- Dinner is at 7 pm, volunteers usually spend some time with the kids dancing and playing and after that, everyone has some free time to hang out, rest or sleep.
*Based on each applicant’s goals and skill sets, we can further discuss if you would like to focus more volunteering for construction projects or agricultural work
Flight from layover to Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM) in Kathmandu, Nepal
All volunteers will be picked up at the airport and you will ride with us to the hotel in the capital to relax for the night
- Spend the morning meeting your new peeps. Each volunteer will get paired up with a Nepali volunteer who will be their local eyes and translator.
all meals: daily breakfast, lunch & dinner
all luxury accommodations: hotel & resort stays
all volunteer housing: hostel
excursions: paragliding & kayaking
VISA and vaccines (not required but recommended)
You may want to bring petty cash for any souvenirs