All trips are postponed until further notice, as our team figures out new logistics due to COVID-19. However applications are still OPEN and highly encouraged to give more time for reviews.
Dates Available: May28-June11, June18-July2, July6-July20
- You will
arrive at Kigali International Airport (KGL) where you will stay inside
the airplane for roughly one hour and then arrive at Entebbe
International Airport (EBB).
- All volunteers will be picked up at the airport and you will ride with us to the hotel in the Entebbe to relax for the night.
- You will spend the day at the hotel to recharge.
- Meet your Ugandan peeps. Spend the day bonding with other group members.
- Lunch and Dinner at the hotel.
- Wake up early in the morning, shower, eat breakfast, and pack for the village.
- Leave the hotel at 9 AM and head to the village with your Ugandan friends. Get lunch on the way.
- Arrive at the village late afternoon. Briefly meet the community and your host family. Dinner with your host family.
- Wake up
early in the morning at 6 am. Help the host family with the morning
chores at the house (eg. fetch water from the well, clean the common
areas at the house, etc.). Eat breakfast with your host family and get
to the school site by 10:00 AM.
on your focus area, volunteer at one of the following: Construction of
the classroom, building of school furniture, or working with local
teachers to prepare classes. Lunch at 12:30 PM at the school site.
Volunteering ends at 4:00 PM. Free time from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM to visit
the village, trek up the hill or take some rest. Arrive at host
family’s house for dinner at 7 pm, volunteers usually spend some time
with the kids dancing and playing and after that, everyone has some free
time to hang out, rest or sleep.
-We will have a big dinner with host families and the volunteers at one location. This will be last night in the village with everyone
-Wake up in the morning. Pack up. Say
goodbye to your host family for the last time. -Vehicle to pick up at 10 AM in the village to head to Jinja. We will arrive at Jinja. We will
visit the source of the Nile, do white water rafting.
-Stay the night.
-Head to Kampala once rafting is completed
-Last night in Kampala
-Head to Entebbe to catch the flight to New York
-Arrive at JFK
all meals: daily breakfast, lunch & dinner
all luxury accommodations: hotel & resort stays
all volunteer housing: hostel
excursions: White water rafting.
VISA and vaccines (not required but recommended)
You may want to bring petty cash for any souvenirs