Build a brighter future for Nepalese Children
Join us summer 2018! We will be traveling back to Ramche 4, in the Sindhupalchowk District of Nepal to build library and install internet in the school we built in 2016.
Details and requirements
Who We're Looking For
- a humanitarian dedicated to helping others
- an adventurous outdoors sort of person
- team player/able to work with diverse groups of people
- flexible with schedules
- adaptable in different environments
- amiable/likes to meet new people
- ability to work long hours in a day
General requirements for applicants
- available in May 30-June 14, 2018 (semi-final dates)
- has necessary travel documents (passport, visa, etc)
- language skills are a plus but not necessary
- a non-refundable deposit after acceptance into program is required
- necessary vaccines for travel
What you get in return
- travel to a different country with a mix of a local experience and a touristic adventure
- helping others and making memories with a local community as you live with them
- create long lasting international relationships
Q. What is the agenda and cost of the trip?
Q. What does this money cover?
- round-trip airfare
- all transportation
- all meals: daily breakfast, lunch & dinner
- all luxury accommodations: hotel & resort stays
- camping supplies: tent, utensils, raw food etc
- excursions: bungee jumping & white water rafting
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- VISA and vaccines
- You may want to bring petty cash for any souvenirs
Q: What vaccinations do I need?
You should be up-to-date on routine vaccines:
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
- Vericella (chicken pox)
- Yearly flu shot
Not required, but highly recommended by Impact Mart:
- Hepatitis A (carried through contaminated food and water)
- Malaria (for rural area stay and outdoors)
- Japanese Encephalitis (for rural stay and outdoors)
- Typhoid (carried through contaminated food and water)
Not required, but recommended by CDC (Center for Disease Control):
- Hepatitis B (carried through sexual contact, contaminated needles, tattoos, piercings)
- Rabies (for outdoor stay)
Please consult your doctor for anymore possible vaccines you as an individual would need. Please note that some vaccinations are not covered by insurance. Consult with your doctor to learn about coverage.
Q: Is a passport and VISA required?
A: Passport must have 6 months remaining validity from time of entry. Purchase a tourist visa upon arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport (Kathmandu). Fee for a 15 day entry is 25 USDN
Q. When is my payment due?
A. Two months prior to the date of your departure - March 30, 2018.
Q. Where will I live/stay?
A. Please see itinerary.